The Southwestern Graduate School of Banking (SWGSB) Foundation will convene its 152nd Assembly for Bank Directors at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa in Beaver Creek/Vail, Colorado, September 23–26, 2021. Bank directors and their spouses from across the U.S. will participate in a program that includes strategic planning maven David Kemp, accounting ace Debbie Scanlon, balance sheet expert Jim Clarke, advertising expert Kelly McDonald, M&A specialist Dory Wiley, economist Ed Seifried and customer relations consultant Marci Armstrong.
“Bank director training has become key in community banking success stories,” says S. Scott MacDonald, SWGSB Foundation president. “We take special care to make sure our programs reflect boards’ latest concerns. And this assembly is appropriately titled What’s Ahead for the Community Bank Director. Our faculty is eager to address the many issues facing directors and share the solutions they’ve devised for competing effectively. The 152nd Assembly for Bank Directors will provide a complete overview of what lies ahead and what key steps must be taken to ensure a solid, highly profitable future.”
The assembly will cover a number of important topics, including:
- Risk Management in a Pandemic, David Kemp, president of Bankers Management Inc., McDonough, Georgia;
- The ‘Real Role’ of the Audit Committee, Debbie Scanlon, partner at BKD LLP, Houston, Texas;
- Optimizing the Investment Portfolio in a Low-Rate Environment, Jim Clarke, principal of Clarke Consulting, Villanova, Pennsylvania;
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Kelly McDonald, bestselling author and founder of McDonald Marketing, Denver, Colorado;
- What’s Up with This Economy?, Ed Seifried, professor emeritus of economics and business at Lafayette College and co-chairman emeritus at Seifried & Brew, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania; and
- Engaging Our Customers, Post Pandemic, Marci Armstrong, director of the Brierley Institute for Customer Engagement and Brierley endowed professor at the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas.
There will also be workshops on The Fundamentals of Asset/Liability Management (Clarke) and a Banking Capital Markets Update, presented by Dory Wiley, president and CEO of Commerce Street Holdings in Dallas.
The 152nd Assembly for Bank Directors will be held at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa in Beaver Creek/Vail, Colorado. Click here to register for the event. For more information, write, call or email SWGSB, SMU Box 214, Dallas, Texas, 75275; 214/768-2991; email@example.com. Click here to download a brochure with details on the event.
Established in 1957, the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking has become one of the top banking educational institutions in the nation. It is a professional school for bank officers, regulators and others holding management positions in the financial services industry. The graduate school’s sponsoring partners include the Arkansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas bankers associations, the Independent Bankers Association of Texas and Southern Methodist University.