The Texas Bankers Foundation, the charitable arm of the Texas Bankers Association, has announced the 17 recipients of the 2022 50-Year Banker Awards. Each of the bankers selected is recognized for his/her exemplary and long-standing service to the banking industry. Launched in 1989 by the Texas Bankers Association, the 50-Year Banker Awards honor the men and women who have devoted 50 years or more of service to the banking industry. This esteemed group of bankers has seen the industry change dramatically over the past several decades and year after year, continues to take pride in serving their communities.
“We are delighted to honor this year’s class of 50-Year Bankers and celebrate each of the individuals for their dedication and commitment to the banking industry,” says Chris Furlow, president and CEO of the Texas Bankers Association. “It is with great pride and admiration that we congratulate you on this milestone service anniversary.”
The recipients of the 2022 50-Year Banker Award:
- Laurel “Sissy” Phillips Austin, Austin Bank, Jacksonville
- Sharon W. Burran, Pinnacle Bank, Fort Worth
- Randal Clayton, First State Bank of Ben Wheeler
- Thomas W. Ellison, Commercial Bank of Texas, Nacogdoches
- Hortense Gutierrez, FirstCapital Bank of Texas, Marble Falls
- Jeffrey M. Harp, Trinity Bank, Fort Worth
- Louis E. Hart Jr., Castroville State Bank
- Edwin E. (Buddy) Hayes, Texas Bank, Anna
- Bill Johnson, Texas National Bank, Sweetwater
- Harlan Lambert, Pecos County State Bank, Fort Stockton
- Claude B. Leatherwood, Allegiance Bank, Houston
- M. Dale McGill, Allegiance Bank, Houston
- Frank Morris, First State Bank, Gainesville
- Patrick Pace, Vista Bank, Rule
- Jean Robinett-Findley, Santa Anna National Bank
- Gerald V. Sekula, Falls City National Bank
- Edward J. Zinsmeister, Rio Bank, McAllen
The 17 bankers will be celebrated at the Texas Bankers Association’s 137th Annual Convention in Round Rock during a special awards luncheon.
For more information about the Texas Bankers Foundation or the 2022 50-Year Banker Award recipients, visit www.texasbankers.com/Foundation and check out the latest issue of Texas Banking magazine, the official publication of the Texas Bankers Association, which includes a special feature on the 2022 winners.