Primary Job Functions:
- Supervise VP Accounting, AP Clerk, & Accounting Systems Manager.
- Spearhead a General Ledger restructure and board reporting.
- Officer of Mortgage subsidiary and support to subsidiary CFO. Review of financials.
- Responsible for all functions of the Accounting and Human Resource departments.
- H.R. Accounting supervision: Manages payroll functions, including payments to employees on leave of absence, processing garnishments/federal tax levies, and special pay requests. Supervise entries of VP of Payroll and reconcilement supervision of all payroll.
- Manages and oversees the financial accounting and reporting systems, including the preparation and presentation of monthly financial results to senior management and the Board of Directors for the bank and holding company.
- Develop and maintain the capital plan, strategic planning, and business plan including ongoing presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Manages the liquidity position and sources including monitoring of correspondence concentration risk, performance, and evaluation of quarterly liquidity stress tests.
- Lead the asset/liability management review process including the coordination of relevant loan and deposit data with the outsourced ALM reporting vendor and the preparation of strategic assumptions to be used in the ALM model.
- Manages the investment portfolio, fixed assets, and prepaids including monitoring and reporting.
- Performs a monthly review of the allowance for loan and lease losses, as well as quarterly review/justification of the allowance tied to current and historic risk factors.
- Maintain the policies related to financial, investment, and technology operations.
- Prepares the quarterly FDIC call report and quarterly/annual Federal Reserve Bank FR Y-8, FR Y-9SP, FR Y-6 reports, FR2900 and annual Deposit Summary.
- Coordinate internal and annual audit activities with outsourced firms - tracked the timely resolution of audit findings and provided audit updates to the Audit Committee.
- Coordinate external regulatory examinations by the Texas Department of Banking, FDIC, or Federal Reserve Bank.
- Coordinate the tax preparation and reporting process with outsourced tax professionals for the federal and franchise tax returns on a quarterly basis.
- Serves as the Information Security Officer - managed the bank’s information security program in accordance with GLBA/FFIEC standards; responsible for the development, delivery, and enforcement of comprehensive information security and privacy program.
- Manages the vendor management program including recurring due diligence on significant vendors.
- Serves as Chairman of the Asset-Liability Committee, Audit Committee.
- Preparation of the internally prepared consolidated annual financials.
- Other Committee assignments that may arise within Executive area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Oversight of implementation and supervision of Fiserv products (shared with Cashier/COO).
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Positive attitude and excellent in fostering a team approach.
General Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk, and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others.
To apply for this position or learn more, contact Kristi Gregory at email@example.com