SWE Homes, LP is a fully integrated Real Estate and Investment Company with a 38-year record of success in our industry. Our dynamic company is well funded and invests in residential and commercial real estate, as well as real estate loans in a large volume.
We are a consumer-focused business providing both leasing and sales, and many times providing to a customer base who falls outside the normal banking process. We offer seller financing for homes, land and commercial properties throughout the Houston metropolitan area.
Our company is currently seeking a financial controller with experience in real estate investment and mortgage loans, who can appreciate a company that is rapidly growing, has little debt and is well-capitalized.
This role is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including property accounting, corporate accounting, financial reporting and budget preparation, as well as the development of internal financial controls, policies and procedures. Responsibilities include strategic and operational decision-making, forecasting and business analysis. The person in this role will lead the accounting department and uphold the financial health of the Company. He/she will be team and goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and analytic skills, and be computer savvy with a strong knowledge of Yardi Software Systems. CPA a strongly preferred.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited to:
- Oversight and management of the financial and accounting process/operations for the entire real-estate portfolio
- Being a key advisor to the President and the accounting leadership team providing support for strategic and operational decision-making and business growth
- Analysis and reporting—income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flows, including variance report on each property along with other business entities
- Management of all aged items and intercompany items to clean up all financials and keep reconciliations up to date on a monthly basis
- Oversight and management of the preparation of income tax returns for all business entities
- Oversight and analysis of information for external audits as requested
- Research of accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analysis of operating expenses to include inventory, advertising, property tax expense, acquisitions, etc.
- Financial analysis as needed for each property in the current portfolio and financial analysis and forecasting/ROI calculations on potential new opportunities, as well
- Analysis of the current reporting and collection of accounts receivable to develop and implement a protocol for improved efficiency
- Utilize available technologies to streamline existing financial and informational management processes and manage the procurement and implementation of all accounting or analysis software
- Work with the accounting management team to develop key performance metrics to track asset performance
- Assist with special assignments and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and five years of progressing accounting management experience, or a combination of experience and education; CPA certification is preferred
- Real estate, consumer lending and business background with strong analytical skills to identify, plan and implement initiatives to improve the accuracy and efficiency of accounting functions
- A self-directed and hands-on, working leader who is detail oriented, analytical and has solid knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Supervisory/managerial experience including influencing and coaching abilities as this position will be supervising and leading a team
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonuses
- 100% Employer-paid health/dental/life and long-term disability insurance coverage
- Employer-paid vacation/sick leave, birthday and 10 holidays
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Professional, business-casual, friendly and culturally diverse work environment
- Philanthropic events/fundraising to give back to the community and company-sponsored events/activities like happy hours, picnics, etc.
- Company-sponsored scholarship opportunities for immediate family members
If you are a match for this position, as well as talented, dynamic and enjoy working in a busy and challenging yet fun and casual business environment, email your CV to [email protected] along with your salary requirement.