Job Status: Exempt, full time
The loan officer develops and maintains a variety of business (commercial, construction and agriculture) and individual relationships with prospective and existing customers. Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits or recommendations to the Loan Committee. Monitors current loans to ensure complete compliance with terms. Gives financial advice and counsel to current and prospective customers. Calls on potential or current customers to develop new business and/or increase or retain existing business. Administers or refers customers to all credit, deposit, and other financial services products offered by the bank.
- Solicits new loans and deposits from prospective and existing customers.
- Extends credit within loan limits.
- Refers credit to superior or loan committee for credit outside of loan authority.
- Refers or sells non-bank financial products.
- Sells bank business services.
- Services existing customer accounts.
- Performs regular reviews and inspections of existing credits.
- Follows up on past-due or watch-list credits.
- Interacts in a professional, courteous manner with customers, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Maintains strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with Company policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise of general bank accounting procedures and support the Company’s overall mission, standards, policies and procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Maintain personal grooming and company dress and appearance standards.
- Maintain company attendance standards.
- Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Satisfactory credit and criminal background check.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Proficient in basic computer operations.
- Proficient in 10-key.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Able to type efficiently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organization skills.
- Can-do attitude.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Strong work ethic.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires sitting for an extended period with some walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.